Archive

April 1, 2025

Browsing

Celsius Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: CELH) rallied as much as 10% on Monday after a Truist analyst said the company’s focus on women as a target market could unlock significant upside in its share price.

In a research note, the investment firm upgraded CELH this morning to “buy”.

Its analyst Bill Chappell upwardly revised his price target on Celsius stock today to $45 that indicates potential upside of another 25% from current levels, which is exciting given it has already more than doubled since mid-February.

Chappell is bullish on CELH’s Alani acquisition

Truist continues to see significant further upside in Celsius shares particularly because the Nasdaq listed firm announced plans of acquiring Alani Nu brand for $1.65 billion last month.

Alani had been cutting into Celsius sales that have declined about 6% in recent months.

But that overhang will effectively be removed from CELH once it completes its cash and stock agreement with Alani, its analyst Bill Chappell told investors in a note today.

Together, Celsius and Alani currently own about 16% of the US energy drinks space.

However, their combined share sits at a much higher, close to 50%, in the women segment of that market.  

Note that Celsius stock does not currently pay a dividend, though.

Celsius to expand its footprint in women segment

Chappell expects the Alani acquisition to help Celsius dominate the women segment of the US energy drinks market.

This could prove lucrative for CELH as women are increasingly accounting for a bigger chunk of that category’s sales.

At writing, they drive less than 30% of the energy drink sales globally.

However, the Truist analyst is convinced that women will generate a well over 100% growth in that market in the future.

Meanwhile, rivals like Red Bull and Monster Beverage “have been built to focus on male consumers”, leaving this whole, fast-growing segment entirely for Celsius to own, Chappell added.

Should you buy Celsius stock today?

Celsius stock is now trading at a year-to-date high but Truist continues to recommend loading up on it for the strength of the company’s financials as well.

In February, the energy drinks giant reported 14 cents a share of earnings on a record revenue of about $332 million for its fiscal Q4.

Analysts, in comparison, were at 11 cents per share and $326 million, respectively.

At the time, Jarrod Langhans, CELH’s chief of finance told investors:

We’re pleased that our strategic initiatives are driving long-term share gains and strong retail sales growth.

We believe our capital allocation strategy is fully aligned with our vision to be a high-growth leader and deliver the greatest value to our consumers and shareholders.

The rest of the Wall Street also recommends buying Celsius stock with the mean target of $40 indicating about a 10% upside from here.

The post Celsius bets on women consumers—will its stock soar? appeared first on Invezz

Quimbaya Gold Inc. (CSE: QIM) (OTCQB: QIMGF) (FSE: K05) (‘Quimbaya Gold’ or the ‘Company’) is pleased to announce that shareholders voted to approve all items of business put forth to shareholders at the Company’s Annual General and Special Meeting (‘AGSM’) held on March 28, 2025, including the election of directors, fixing the number of directors, appointment of the Company’s auditor, approval of the equity incentive plan, and the continuation of the Company under the British Columbia Business Corporations Act.

The board of directors and the Company would like to thank Mr. Bayona, who did not run for re-election, for his service to the Company and would like to wish him well in his future endeavors.

Additionally, at the AGSM, Sebastian Wahl was elected as new independent director of the Company. Sebastian Wahl brings over 15 years of experience in the mining industry, specializing in precious metals trading and corporate development. As a co-founder and former Vice President of Corporate Development at Silver X Mining Corp., he played a pivotal role in consolidating assets and advancing projects in South America. Mr. Wahl holds a B.Sc. in Business Administration from the Graduate School of Business Administration in Zurich and a Financial Modelling certification from the Corporate Finance Institute. Fluent in Spanish, he possesses extensive expertise in South American mining operations and capital markets.

Mr. Alexandre P. Boivin, President & CEO stated, ‘We are excited to bring Sebastian on as an independent board member. His strong experience in South America and European connections will complement the Company as we strive to become an established player in the Colombian mining exploration space.’

About Quimbaya

Quimbaya aims to discover gold resources through exploration and acquisition of mining properties in the prolific mining districts of Colombia. Managed by an experienced team in the mining sector, Quimbaya is focused on three projects in the regions of Segovia (Tahami Project), Puerto Berrio (Berrio Project), and Abejorral (Maitamac Project), all located in Antioquia Province, Colombia.

Contact Information

Alexandre P. Boivin, President and CEO apboivin@quimbayagold.com
Jason Frame, Manager of Communications jason.frame@quimbayagold.com

Quimbaya Gold Inc.
Follow on X @quimbayagoldinc
Follow on LinkedIn @quimbayagold
Follow on Instagram @quimbayagoldinc
Follow on Facebook @quimbayagoldinc

Cautionary Statements

Certain statements contained in this press release constitute ‘forward-looking information’ as that term is defined in applicable Canadian securities legislation. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, included herein are forward-looking information. Generally, forward-looking statements and information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as ‘intends’, ‘expects’ or ‘anticipates’, or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results ‘may’, ‘could’, ‘should’, ‘would’ or ‘occur’. Forward-looking information by its nature is based on assumptions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Quimbaya to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements or information. Although Quimbaya’s management believes that the assumptions made and the expectations represented by such information are reasonable, there can be no assurance that the forward-looking information will prove to be accurate. Furthermore, should one or more of the risks, uncertainties or other factors materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in forward-looking statements or information. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking information as there can be no assurance that the plans, intentions or expectations upon which they are placed will occur. Forward-looking information contained in this news release is expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. The forward-looking information contained in this news release represents the expectations of Quimbaya as of the date of this news release and, accordingly, is subject to change after such date. Except as required by law, Quimbaya does not expect to update forward-looking statements and information continually as conditions change.

Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its regulation services provider accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/246745

News Provided by Newsfile via QuoteMedia

This post appeared first on investingnews.com

President Donald Trump commuted the criminal sentence of Ozy Media founder Carlos Watson on Friday, just hours before Watson was due to begin serving a 116-month prison term for a multi-million-dollar scheme that included falsely claiming the start-up had deals with Google and Oprah Winfrey, a senior White House official said.

Watson had expected to surrender Friday afternoon to the Federal Correctional Institution in Lompoc, California, before he received word of Trump granting him executive clemency, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Trump also commuted the sentence of one year of probation imposed on Ozy Media for the defunct news and entertainment company’s conviction in the same case.

Trump’s actions remove the criminal penalty imposed on Watson and Ozy.

Watson, 55, was convicted at trial in Brooklyn federal court last July of conspiracy to commit securities fraud, conspiracy to commit wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft. He was sentenced in December.

In February, a federal judge ordered Watson and Ozy to pay almost $60 million in forfeiture and more than $36 million in restitution.

Watson’s defense attorney, Arthur Aidala, declined to comment Friday when contacted by CNBC.

A spokesman for the Brooklyn U.S. Attorney’s Office, which prosecuted Watson, also declined to comment on the commutation of his sentence.

Glenn Martin, a criminal justice reform advocate, in a tweet on Friday wrote, “We did it,” above a photo of him and Watson.

“President Trump commuted the sentences of Ozy Media and Carlos Watson hours before his surrender,” the tweet said.

″@CarlosWatson is not going to prison today,” Martin wrote.

“First and foremost, thank God for His grace, mercy and the power of redemption. A very special note of appreciation to @AliceMarieFree,” he added, referring to his fellow criminal justice reform advocate Alice Marie Johnson.

“Your advocacy, compassion, and relentless pursuit of fairness have made this moment possible for people like Carlos.”

When Watson was sentenced, then-Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Breon Peace said, “Carlos Watson orchestrated a years-long, audacious scheme to defraud investors and lenders to his company, Ozy Media, out of tens of millions of dollars.”

Prosecutors said that Watson and his co-conspirators between 2018 and 2021 defrauded investors by misrepresenting Ozy’s financial performance, its ongoing business relationships and its acquisition prospects, as well as its contract negotiations.

Ozy abruptly shut down in October 2021, after The New York Times reported that the company’s chief operating officer, Samir Rao, had impersonated a YouTube executive on a conference call with Goldman Sachs.

The investment bank was considering a $40 million investment in Ozy at the time.


This post appeared first on NBC NEWS

President Donald Trump signed an executive order to protect Americans from ‘exploitive ticket scalping’ in the concert and entertainment industry, Fox News Digital has learned. 

The president signed the order Monday evening in the Oval Office. Kid Rock joined the president for the signing ceremony. 

The president’s executive order directs the Federal Trade Commission to work with the attorney general to ensure that competition laws are enforced in the concert and entertainment industry. 

The order also enforces the Better Online Ticket Sales (BOTS) act and promote its enforcement by state consumer protection authorities. 

The president’s order also ensures price transparency at all stages of the ticket-purchasing process, including through the secondary ticketing market; and will evaluate, and, if appropriate, take enforcement action to prevent ‘unfair, deceptive, and anti-competitive conduct’ in the secondary ticketing market.

The president’s order also directs the attorney general and Treasury secretary to ensure that ticket scalpers are operating in full compliance with the Internal Revenue Code and other laws. 

Under the order, the Treasury Department, DOJ, and the FTC will deliver a report within 180 days summarizing the actions taken to address the issue of unfair practices in live concert and entertainment industry and will recommend additional regulations or legislation needed to protect consumers. 

The order comes after President Trump, on the campaign trail, vowed to work to combat high ticket prices. While campaigning, the president described the current system where fans are priced out as ‘very unfortunate.’ 

A White House official told Fox News Digital that the president is ‘committed to making arts and entertainment that enrich Americans’ lives as accessible as possible.’ 

The official said that America’s live concert and entertainment industry has a total nationwide economic impact of $132.6 billion and supports 913,000 jobs. 

‘But it has become blighted by unscrupulous middle-men who impose egregious fees on fans with no benefit to artists,’ a White House official said. 

‘Ticket scalpers use bots and other unfair means to acquire large quantities of face-value tickets, then re-sell them at an enormous markup on the secondary market, price-gouging consumers and depriving fans of the opportunity to see their favorite artists without incurring extraordinary expenses,’ a White House official said. ‘By some reports, fans have paid as much as 70 times the face value of a ticket price to obtain a ticket.’ 

The official added that when this occurs, the artists ‘do not receive any additional profit—it goes solely to the scalper and the ticketing agency.’ 

‘Anyone who’s bought a concert ticket in the last decade, maybe 20 years, no matter what your politics are, knows it is a conundrum,’ Kid Rock said Monday. ‘If you buy a ticket for 100 bucks by the time you check it out, it’s 170. You don’t know what you can charge for it, but more importantly, these bots you know, they come in to get all the good tickets to your favorite shows you want to go to, and then they’re relisted immediately for sometimes a 4 or 500% markup.’ 

Kid Rock explained that the artists ‘don’t see any of that money.’ 

President Trump, upon signing the order, said that the move is ‘a big step to getting this stopped.’ 

In a statement late Monday, Live Nation said it supports the president’s action: ”Scalpers and bots prevent fans from getting tickets at the prices artists set, and we thank President Trump for taking them head-on. We support any meaningful resale reforms — including more enforcement of the BOTS act, caps on resale prices, and more.’

Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino posted on X, thanking President Trump and Kid Rock for ‘taking ticket-scalping head on.’

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS